Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My heritage

My Italian heritage can be blamed for pretty much everything and now I am blaming my love for mozzarella cheese on it too.  I had to work the lunch shift at Applebee's today and I stayed until I was finished with every last table considering my current financial state.  From there I drive 1/2 hour to my family restaurant and when I get there my mom is working on this huge order.  Chicken parms, subs, salads, bread etc and so at the end of all of this is the left over melted cheese in the pan with the spaghetti sauce. Now WHO in their right mind would pass this up or throw it out? Just a waste I tell ya, it would be just a waste!!   Considering the last thing I ate was 2 hours ago which consisted of 3 whole carrots and a protein shake I was hungry and had nothing planned.  This is where I face my ultimate delimas.  First of all, Sun, mon and tues I planned everythng, weighed, measured etc and today, just one day I didn't and I feel so guilty.  The other part of this is wanting to live a somewhat normal life and some days not weigh/measure things.  What's a girl to do????

As much as I say I was as accurate as I could be with this today 1467/30/131/159.  Definitely not enough protein but I do not want to drink another shake and be over calories, I;d rather make it up tomorrow in protein and reduce sodium intake the next 2 days and make it a goal to weigh/measure everything so that when Saturday morning rolls around I will not be upset.  Although, I am 1 week before my MS and so this might not rest in my favor......

I know I can't put myself down and I did good so far this week, I was under pressure, and took the most convenient thing instead of making some food so let's turn this into a lesson learned by mistake (10) instead of picking on  things, MAKE A MEAL especially if it's during that time when it's been 3-4 hours, it's time to eat again and I am busy with work etc.  I can make something quick and then just eat it as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment