Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy!

My beautiful friend Sara and her Prince Michael were married yesterday and it was a beautiful wedding.  The wedding and reception were at the same spot, Klock's in West Seneca.  Everything was awesome, the food, the company and of course the dancing! I can't WAIT to see the professional photos of us dancing the night away.  Of course...who was the first one on the dance floor? ME! It was really fun and I am glad I went regardless of my mild case of pink eye.

I must say though, although I went over my calories/fat/carbs/protein..1884/51/181/190 and it should have been 1575/30/130/189 I am NOT concerned at all because all of my choices yesterday were healthy!  I was really good before we went, ate meals and had protein shakes and was definitely feeling as if I would want to drink because of all my peers that were drinking.  I got there and some girl I haven't seen in a long time says "tell me that's not water you are drinking" and I said "yes it is and it's delicious"  that was pretty much the end of it from her which I was surprised with because she is usually one of those people that keeps saying stuff over and over.  A few other people said to just drink today but they let it go fast because they realize that I can be a good time and have a great time without alcohol!  I didn't eat any of the rolls, I didn't eat any of the chocolate on the table, and I didn't eat the wedding cake/ice cream.  I am so proud of myself for coming this far in my eating habits!  A few months ago I would definitely have eaten all of those, and probably given into the peer pressure of drinking and I didn't, I had the will power, I know in my head what my goals are and I stuck with it!

I will continue to express how much I still need to learn but for the past month I have already learned a lot about myself and what I can accomplish when I push the influence of others aside and really think and focus on my own goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment