Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jump on the train


It's time to change what I am doing daily and this blog is marking an important part in my competition journey.  Tomorrow I am starting a regimen I have been dreading to start and hoping to avoid this whole time.  My main gain was to stop binging and I haven't done so.  I wanted to change my eating habits and I only have slightly, I have definitely changed my body and so I guess I am not that far off but I know this lifestyle change for my eating habits has to go in the other direction.  There has been too much pussy footing around and I hate the feeling I get when I think about putting in all of this effort to not walk across that stage.

First of all I would like to label some major trigger foods. Wait, before I do that let me explain what I will be doing, a more strict and laid out meal plan every day from now until competition, I will say for this moment and this moment only there will be 2 days from now until that time that will be more difficult to manage.  The first is labor day with my family and the 2nd is a wedding in september.  Ok so back to these trigger foods.  Honestly it's like I am under a demonic possession when I get a craving for these things and then it sets off a domino effect, and the inner demon tells me I should just start consuming every other food possible that makes me want to binge even more and send myself into a food como and bed ridden for 16 hours.  Ow, my stomach hurts just thinking about it.  So drum roll please...it's going to be very hard to not eat these things, but I will be better for it.  Let me just put it this way, if I can lay off alcohol since March, I can lay off junk food for 2 months!!  Lets get this going!
-pecans
-walnuts
-trail mix of any kind
-cereal
-chips- this includes tortilla chips also
-cookies
-ice cream
-bread of any kind
-pizza
-cheese of any kind
-anything deep fried
-croutons
-almond slivers
I am sure this list will continue.  I was also writing this down and I am going to carry this with me so that when I get a craving for something I will look at this first to remind me that it will only take me down a path I don't want to go!

I want to do this more than anything and I know it's all on me.  892374 people can give me advice and tell me what I should be doing but I need to actually use the tools in order to change anything.  Starting now I am devoting myself 150% to being spot on with calories etc and hitting the gym hard.  I promise to blog as often as I can, I want to try and do it every day but I know with school and internship coming up it will be impossible.  I will be blogging my intake and my meals for that day!  I am going to need everyone's support now more than ever. I want to conquer this binge eating once and for all.  I now longer want it to be a part of my life and after thinking about how much time and effort I am putting into this competition and then being told I can't do it is NOT going to happen!

Happy Training~~

2 comments:

  1. I like this post! My trigger foods include nuts and cookies, too! Once I start, I have the HARDEST time stopping. I also had a wedding during my prep, it was 3 weeks out. I had to pack all my food and not eat any of the foods they had there. Honestly though, I didn't stick to my diet and had my first binge of my entire prep that night. It was hard and I wish I hadn't done it but we all live and learn! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks superwoman! It is really hard! I friggin love nuts! for real! stuff like that is so hard to stop eating once you start!!! grrrr we can do this though! how did the competition go? did u do it yet??

    ReplyDelete