Monday, May 16, 2011

You didn't drink?!?!

Today was my first day back to Apple bee's in a week.  The day started off like this; alarm went off at 8am and almost habitually, I reached for the phone and hit snooze.  Don't remember putting it back in my bed until I woke up again and it was almost 10:00! I had to be at work at 10:30 and it takes me a half hour to get there.  Needless to say, I was already not a happy camper, I didn't get to eat breakfast, I didn't get to go to the bank or mail anything, but I did, of course have time to pack some snacks :) come on...you know me!  So my ride there wasn't too horrible until about 15 minutes into it, I see these two birds flying really close to each other, I am making assumptions that they were Robin's, mating, or trying to mate.  The one bird flew away, right into a car!!! I look in my rear view and see it flapping on the pavement! WHAT THE F *@% ! Seriously life? this is how the day is going to go?!?! Wake up late and then see a bird die? Awesome.

I finally make it to work, everyone telling me how glad they are that I could make it, and I am supervising a trainee's last day in training.  Please, take a mental note, I quit being a "Neighborhood Expert"  about 6 months ago.  Anyways, she seems to be a little bit of a hot mess, definitely needs some more time in training, although I think she might just quit before that.  I eventually get to start snacking on the foods I brought with me and feel better and even more better when I have a Tim Horton's coffee in my hand.  My new way of drinking it, 2 creams and a scoop of chocolate protein powder.  Don't judge me. Try it.

So talk of Florida starts to come up, my one manager thought I quit, LMAO.  So the bartender asked me if I had fun, yeah of course I did and then says something along the lines of drinking and partying.  My response "actually, I didn't drink" and as funny as it was for me, he gave the same dumbfounded look as the guys in Florida did after we rejected their drink buying. HAHA.  "So wait, you were on vacation, in FLORIDA, and you didn't drink?" "No, I didn't, you don't have to drink to have fun and before I die I hope I get as many people to realize that as possible"  I think it's great that I have friends in my life that I can have a blast without drinking and I also love myself even more for being who I am and being a fun, happy person without consuming alcohol.  

Food intake today was good.  I have been consuming so much sodium because of this case of frozen chicken breast strips I got.  I don't want to worry too much about it but my sodium intake today was at about 3400! Oh well, I am not going to stress.  I feel like I have let a lot of stress off since I started eating healthier.  I am not putting as much pressure on myself to eat at specific times, as long as I am eating throughout the day, which isn't hard for me to do anyways.  Before I would go crazy if I was scheduled to eat at 12 and I couldn't eat until 1.  I don't want to drive myself crazy like that anymore and since I started, I haven't.  

The only thing I find difficult is drinking more water.  I have accomplished my goal of 1 gallon every day since I was told but man, it's seriously forceful sometimes.  Just picture it.  Filling up the plastic bottle at home, only 6 more cups to go.  Putting the top to my lips and just DREADING it!!  Don't get me wrong, I like water, my body loves it, I just can't get my mind to love it, well my brain does but not INSIDE, know what I mean?  Ok, I think it's time for me to go to bed, ended my macros pretty close today!
1547/38/125/188

No comments:

Post a Comment