Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Trying to keep it cool

Hitting macros is REALLY challenging, and now I am starting to see where doing this competition can ruin your social life.  I never understood what the big deal was but now I see part of it, because going out to dinner just can't happen unless you can be sure you are at lease 90% accurate with your calorie tracking.  Shitty and I refuse to be a single hermit.  Seriously, how lame is that!?!

My friend and I went out to dinner tonight to Papaya in Downtown, Buffalo.  It was DELICIOUS.  Started with some spicy tuna sushi rolls and I have to say they were 10x better than the ones I had in Florida!  I had 3 out of the 8, with chop stick skills not so  great.  Then for dinner I had Tropical Prawn's with Roasted Eggplant and Eggplant tempura. seriously, why don't I have the time to cook things like this?!?!  The description on the menu "Grilled prawns, spicy cashew eggplant sauce, eggplant tempura"  The tempura was probably the worst out of everything-nutrition wise, but I only had 1/2 of one out of the 2 they gave me.  Seriously though, I had to use my will power not to eat them all.  Obviously they were just as palatable as everything else!  

The dish had 3 prawns, which are basically jumbo shrimp, I ate 2 of them and about half of the spicy cashew eggplant sauce.  The sauce had onions, red peppers and eggplant in it, so seriously who the hell knows how many calories was in the damn thing?!  Brown rice was also served on the side which I picked at.  So like I said before not having the internet on my phone, I had no idea I would seriously fuck everything up over this.  I can't say these macros are 100% accurate because they definitely aren't but 1599/37/165/162.  I am really annoyed that I didn't do better, I was doing so well when I first started and I feel like this is where before I would have gotten frustrated and binged because I failed anyways.  I am nowhere near wanting to do that right now but I have the biggest urge to punch my self in the face and so maybe I won't be so dumb next time but I guess that just leads me to ...

Mistake (3) - If you really HAVE to go out to dinner make sure you choose something that you can break down and track easily for calories- chicken and broccoli hahahhaha

Right now my biggest feelings are annoyance and negativity towards myself for not doing better, but also conflicting feelings of positivity because I had a really good time, the food was delicious and I know compared to before this is progress.  Considering how I constantly used to bring myself down by thinking of how much of a failure I was, it's actually unbelievably hard to be positive right now.  I can literally feel it in my chest, the anger that's there for not reaching these macros but that's ridiculous, right?  That's why I truly believe my mentality out of everything needs to be changed before my body can change.  I have treated it so badly with the negative emotions that it needs to trust me again.  Trust that I will be as positive as I can.  I am learning everyday, and if I make little mistakes here and there in the beginning I think it's going to be A LOT better than making more as it gets closer to the show.  I know I have what it takes, I know it's all about mentality and I know I can do this, I know I am not perfect but I also need to learn from ALL of these mistakes and make the rest of the week ROCKIN.  Yeah, for real people, I am only in my first week!

I also really have to give major props to my trainer.  He is so positive, so supportive and brutally honest.  All of these things I need, and it helps having someone like that to report to because when I think he is going to kill me for going over my macros he brings me back to reality about only being on day 6 and that as long as I fix my mistakes, I WILL do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment