Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Peanut Butter

When I went to pick up supplies for my dad this past weekend I did a little shopping for myself too.  I figured, hell it couldn't hurt to buy a HUGE bag of whole carrots, a monster bag of apples and a bag with 6 heads of lettuce.  Not to mention the case of chicken strips, which I am still on the border line if I want to keep them or sell them to my dad, I just hate the questions that will come out of it.  I mean for heavens sake, I tried selling my mom the fish oil pills I just got because I was explaining how I would rather eat my calories and fat than take a pill.  Know what that caused?  It caused her to believe that THIS was the reason she had gained a few pounds, the fish oil pills.  Flabbergasted, nothing could explain it better, all I could say was, "Mom, are you FOR REAL?!?!?!" Oh brother, seriously, after all of these years being a personal trainer and being on and off the healthy eating wagon, they never listened to me and trying to tell her that fish oil pills are NOT the reason she is gaining weight I figured was just a waste.  Like mother like daughter, she's going to do what she wants to anyways.  Hey mom, if your out there, please keep taking them!

The last thing I bought on this trip was a 4 pound, yes 4, jug of peanut butter.  Sigh of relief it is, peanut butter, it's so good....until you bring it along for a days worth car ride and go over your fat intake. SHIT. 
Confession made to my trainer and he told me don't bring it, and if it's absolutely necessary put it in your trunk, but DON'T pull over to get it out because I will be pissed if the next phone call I get is that you did just that~ HAHHA what? ME? do that? NO! OMG I was cracking up because it totally IS something I would do, in the middle of Transit road, shit, in the middle of any road just to get one more scoop! HAHHA

I definitely struggle with the eating part and other than that I did pretty good with my macros, but I was also about a scoop of whey away from consuming enough protein for the day.  It's tough, getting everything in.  I also don't have an I-phone or internet on my phone so I have to calculate everything before or wait until I get home to see if I was successful or not so that is definitely something that is aggravating.  I know though that I can't let these small things get to me and ruin my mood or turn me into thinking I am an epic failure because that's what I used to do and that NEVER works.  So I will learn from these mistakes.  Let's see, so far 

Mistake (1)  Do not buy pre-cooked/frozen chicken strips. WHY? They have a shit load of sodium in them
Mistake (2) Leave the 4lb peanut butter jug at home, not in the seat next to me like it's my best friend

More mistakes to come I am sure but for today my macros were:
1422/46/101/163

Goals for tomorrow:
--> Reach my macros by making sure I am eating every 2-4 hours with nutritional foods 
--> Keep sodium intake below 2500mg again

No comments:

Post a Comment