Thursday, September 1, 2011

A big FUCK YOU to NYS

What's better than Fitspo with people I can actually IDENTIFY?! Jen Jewell wbff PRO I see you smack dab in the middle in the back and Neda back row all the way to the left!  All of you girls are such an inspiration to me!

Start rant..now...well wait, first I must warn those who are going to read this, 75% has nothing to do with my fitness/nutrition.  Continuing on.  I am not sure many of you know what an out spoken individual I have become in the past year.  After my boyfriend and I split (almost a year ago-seriously where the hell does time even go anyways?) I have become the person I have always been but was never able to express.  I love this Talia!  She is fun and exciting!  Also, a year ago I started my MSW program at UB and I have been learning a hell of a lot on how to speak out etc etc.  Long story short, my place of employment (I guess I should really leave out the name bc I am pretty sure I signed a contract saying I wouldn't talk shit) started allowing us to personalize our name tags and server books.  Of course I took it a step further and tie dyed my apron and a few other girls followed suit and got colored aprons.  It was seriously exciting to come to work for once.  So the other day 2 of the highest people in that corporation showed up and in leui of over hearing a conversation that we might not be able to wear them anymore, I stepped up to the plate and presented my case on why I think we should be able to keep wearing them.  Obviously not only to the benefit of ourselves expressing individuality but of course it will reflect on the guest experience.  I was rubuttled but then surprisingly a few minutes later was given a challenge and if I succeeded in this challenge not only would our store but other locations be able to personalize their aprons.

I sent out a message via our work communication line, I sent out messages through facebook, I talked this shit up so much I knew I had a good chance at succeeding and had support from most of the staff.  I get to work today and immediately someone says to me "I have some really bad news"  Umm...WHAT THE FUCK..those are not the first words I want to hear walking into work when I haven't even clocked in yet.  Apparantly the NYS DOL has put a stop to us buying our own aprons and up until the point I still don't even understand why but for some reason as to bc then they would basically have to start buying them for us.  UN-FUCKIN-BELIEVABLE.  You are telling me that no NYS has yet again popped my fuckin party bubble?  There are so many things in this state that either take more of your money or ruin a really good idea.  In the end, whatever, I'm not losing sleep over it but seriously, remind me not to get so excited about something like this and actually think it will have the end result I wanted.  Either way, at least the entire staff including management knows I am not afraid to speak up! /rant

Back to my compeition journey.  Killed todays workout and my meals were llike this>:
Meal 1- about 730? 6 ounces chicken, 1/2 scoop whey, 2 slices ezekial bread with a million sprays of butter, and 1/2 cup b lueberries
Meal 2-1130ish- 5 ounces chicken, 4 ounces pico de gallo, 1 celery, 1 egg
Meal 3- 2:30ish-4 ounces chicken, 4 ounces pico, 1 celery, 1 egg
Meal 4-430ish- 4 ounces chicke, 6 ounces romaine, 4 ounces pico, 1 egg
Meal 5- 7:00pm- 10 spears asparagus which I think is starting to go bad and I might have to toss the rest, damn I hate when I buy too many things and dont eat them
Meal 6- 17 slices turkey pepperoni and 2 ounces pork chop
1432/31/84/193
Over again in calories but I am NOT going to sweat it, I am giving it my all finally and I am not stoppin! You can't stop me! Can't stop me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment