Monday, September 5, 2011

As I walk through the valley

I am my fitspo today! Looking at these 2 picture side by side really does show how amazing it is when you put in the work.  Today is going to be a very challenging day as it is a holiday.  Yeah, whatever it's only Labor Day, nothing magnificent like Christmas or even Thanksgiving (we will talk more about this later) but my family is having a party and so there will be a plethora of food, 85% of which Talia can no longer consume :( 

Now the major problem is the only person who truly knows how I eat is my boyfriend.  I am more than excited to say that he is coming with me today and I am thrilled for him to meet my family but also keep tabs on my hands and mouth.  Yesterday we went food shopping and it was the most hilarious thing in the worst as we pass by all of this processed food through the isles of looking for random stuff like peanut butter and low sodium tomato sauce that we stop for a moment and just drool at the things we know we should not be/can't eat.  Fruity pebbles....Keebler's soft cookies with the candy pieces inside....ice cream.....holy shit I think I just slipped on my own pile of drool.  We continue on and purchase the items we need to make healthy and smart choices.  After we get back to his apartment we made the best flatout pizzas EVER..wait didn't something happen before that? HAHA They were DELICIOUS!!!!  Of course afterward we both indulge in some apple pie!  Even more amazing!!! Not quite the same thing though...extra dessert delights RULE!  

Earlier, while the pizza's were cooking I was doing my usual facebook stalking and getting my internet consumption in for the day and came across the Yahoo! article about the 15 worst burgers in the world.  Needless to say I ruined a few what was once thought as delicious meals and turned them into sluggish, lazy food.  Seriously though, it got me thinking, how do I feel when I over consume shit like that? Like shit!  Although the body craves foods like this because we have been raised in an American Society to believe that these are foods we need bc the industry purposefully makes them palatable it does not help our bodies at all.  Thanksgiving is hands down my favorite holiday and no matter how far I go into this fitness world I will always go to bed with a stomach that looks like I am 4 months pregnant.  This is no longer the way I want to live on a weekly basis though, I no longer want to feel the sluggish awful feeling of consuming too many unhealthy foods in one sitting.  It's not helping me reach my goals and I know I may slip a few times but every time I do I learn more and more that as delicious as the foods really do taste ( I will never down play this fact) I have bigger plans!

Have an awesome labor day! Time to hit the iron!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment